COVID-19 Information Page
At least 3 days BEFORE your scheduled appointment, please take the American Dental Association Pre-screening questionnaire. It will automatically be submitted to our office for review.
COVID-19 Update May 13, 2020.
Hello everyone! We hope you all are safe and healthy. The state is currently moving to reopen the state in phases. Our office will reopen on a limited schedule on May 18th prioritizing those patients who are in need of urgent care or were in the middle of active treatment when the shelter-in-place ordinances were enacted. We are taking a strong approach to ensuring the health and safety of our patients while still addressing their dental needs. If you have an appointment, please follow the new protocols:
1. You will receive an email 1 week prior to your appointment with a link to our pre-screening worksheet. If you do not receive an email, you can find the worksheet here on this page. Please submit this form at least 3 days prior to your appointment. If you answer "yes" to any of the questions, one of our staff members will call you to assess your risk level or to reschedule your appointment. If you feel that you may be at high risk for COVID-19 infection, please call to reschedule.
2. If you have or have had any of the symptoms of COVID-19 infection, including dry cough, shortness or breath, unexplained aches and pains, or fever in the past 14 days, do NOT come to the office. Call us asap to reschedule your appointment. If you suspect that you may have COVID-19 but are in need of emergency care, we will refer you to a facility that is equipped to handle dental emergencies with COVID-19 positive patients.
3. Only a patient with an appointment is allowed to enter the building unless it is a minor child accompanied by one guardian. All others must remain in their vehicles. Once the minor child is seated, the guardian will also be asked to return to their vehicle.
4. All persons must sanitize their hands with the hand sanitizer provided upon entry. No exceptions.
5. We have spaced out our appointments so that no one will be waiting in the lobby. However, in the event that someone can not be seated in a treatment room immediately, he/she will be mandated to have a face cover. We will provide one if the patient does not have one. Most chairs have been removed so that chairs are at least 6 ft away from one another. Please maintain the minimum 6 ft from others in the lobby.
6. All patients must go through a pre-screen at the front desk before treatment. The pre-screen consists of a list of questions and a temperature check.
7. All refreshments, toys, games, books, and magazines have been removed form the lobby. There will be no treasure chest for children at this time.
8. If you develop a dry cough, fever, or shortness of breath within 14 days after visiting our facility, please call us asap, contact your physician, and quarantine yourselves.
9. All elective procedures such as veneers and whitening are postponed at this time. We will do our best to address concerns using instruments that do not create aerosols. We thank you for your understanding.
10. As always, please wash your hands, sanitize, and wear a face cover. We must all do our part to slow the spread of the disease.
We will continue to monitor state and local guidance and implement them as necessary. Thank you all.